Sunday, March 10, 2019

The Man in Black, continued

Forever Words, The Unknown Poems by Johnny Cash, edited and introduced by Paul Muldoon, foreword by John Carter Cash; 2016, $25.00, 132 pages; Blue Rider Press, New York, NY; 978-0-399-57313-6; purchased at the Cloud & Leaf Bookstore, Manzanita, OR; 3/5/19-3/8/19

While we were on vacation I stopped in at the Cloud & Leaf Bookstore so I could take pictures of books that I might want to read.  While I was there I found this and decided to purchase it.  When we got back to the cottage I found that there is an album that goes with it. While I read this I also listened to the album.  It features Brad Paisley, Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Carlene Carter and Roseann Carter Cash, Kacey Musgrove and many more.  It was cool to read the book because I could hear Johnny Cash's voice as I read them.  These are poems and lyrics that were discovered when John Carter Cash was going through his parents stuff.  There are some real gems here.

10/10


No comments:

Post a Comment