Thursday, April 18, 2019

meh

News of Our Loved Ones by Abigail DeWitt; 2018; $25.99; 222 pages; Harper, New York, NY;978-0-06-283472-0; checked out from Multnomah County Library, Fairview;4/9/19-4/14/19

This is the selection for the Corner Reading Society's May meeting.  I didn't make it through the previous book so I made myself read this one.  

It is the story of a family in Paris at the end of World War II.  Each chapter changes perspective and voice throughout the book.  It also jumps around time wise, in the form of recollections from the characters.  One of the challenges for me is that it wasn't always clear to me what character was speaking in a chapter.  I often went back and reread pages trying to figure out which character was speaking.

It will be interesting to see which members of the Corner Reading Society liked this and which didn't.  It should be an interesting conversation. 

3/10

1 comment: