Friday, September 6, 2019

Wow, just wow 1+1 equals awesome

Ranger's Apprentice, The Royal Ranger, Duel at Araluen by John Flanagan; 2018; 327 pages; Penguin Random House Australia, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia; 978-0-14-378592-7; borrowed from Kaden To who is safekeeping it for Amanda Banker, whose friend bought it for her in Australia and gave it to her in China, where she gave it to Kaden and he brought it to Portland; 8/21/19-8/22/19

An exciting crossover between John Flanagan's Brotherband and Ranger's Apprentice series.  I really enjoyed seeing how the two cast of characters interacted and how all the different people in authority would work together.  I missed seeing Lydia from Brotherband, I would like to see her and Maddie team up together.  I also missed Will and Halt.

An usurper has taken control of the castle and managed to isolate the head knight and ranger commandant far from the castle.  It is up to Maddie, the Ranger Apprentice (who also happens to be a princess) and the Brotherband to save the day.  Ingenuity and cunning are used to great advantage.

This only took me a day to read, because I read every moment I could and some I shouldn't have.  I read it in the middle of a very serious book.  

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment