Thursday, April 2, 2020

Finding Truth In Fiction

The 49th Mystic, Beyond the Circle, Book One by Ted Dekker; 2018; $24.99; 405 pages; Revell, Grand Rapids, MI; 978-0-8007-2978-3; purchased at Rainbow West Bookstore, Gresham, OR; 3/25/2020-3/30/2020

I started reading Ted Dekker's circle books back in 2001 and when I saw this on the shelf at the bookstore I had to read it.  It ties in with a couple of other series Dekker has written, primarily the Circle books.  It takes place in Eden, Utah and now and in the far distant future.  Some people are able to exist in both worlds.  There is always a battle between good and evil in the books, it has usually pretty black and white, but this books paints with several shades of grey.  It was illuminating to read and a gripping read.  I went and ordered the second book.  I am going to try and figure out what Dekker books I haven't read and try to find them.

10/10

No comments:

Post a Comment