Thursday, January 9, 2020

a male has to be the hero

Genesis by Robin Cook; 2019; $27.00; 387 pages; G.P. Putnam's Sons, New York, NY; 978-0-525-54215-5; checked out from Multnomah County Library, Belmont; 1/1/2020-1/8/2020

I have read several books by Robin Cook, although I hadn't read anything by him since 1983.  The review of this sounded pretty good so I thought I would give it a try.   
The big question is who is the main character.  There were a couple of possibilities, but it was hard to tell.  I picked Dr. Nichols cause I thought she was the most interesting and seemed to be driving the plot, but I don't know.  
Throughout the book the primary characters are women with a few male supporting characters.  However one of the male characters becomes the one who solves the case and saves one of the women.  
I thought this was a reach and unfortunate because all the women were strong and should have been the heroes of the story.  
The other problem I had was there was too much exposition and too much medical exposition especially.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment